Friday, July 15, 2005

Day 19: Late Start

I had a tournament chess game last night which contributed to me getting a late start this morning. Nonetheless, I had a good run, covering a full 1.5 miles with the 4 repeats of running 3 minutes followed by walking 2 minutes. Now, as a rule, I never to the last 2 minutes of walking as dictated by the program. Instead, I simply walk home as a cooldown. I know my body has to adjust, but I'm getting a little anxious to determine what my mile pace is currently. I don't have any fancy gadgets, so I can only estimate it at this point. What I think I'm running (if I can hold that pace for the entire mile) is a 9:00 mile. Gee! If I can hold that pace for 26.2 miles, I'll surely meet my marathon goal of sub-4:00:00. I have quite a bit of base-building yet to go before I can do that, however. Hmmm, and if I could somehow manage to drive my pace up to an 8:00 mile...sub-3:30:00?! We shall see...we shall see....I just have to avoid the temptation to push myself so hard that I get injured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home